The North Country Library System (NCLS) is located along the Black River in Watertown, NY. Our mission is to support local libraries and the communities they serve to maximize sharing, creativity, and innovation and improve the lives of North Country residents at home, at work, at school and at play. We do that by providing shared resources and services to 65 member libraries across Oswego, Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence Counties. NCLS has an opening for a Web Services Coordinator to develop and maintain our collective online presence.
The NCLS Web Services Coordinator:
• Works with member libraries and system staff to develop guidelines, procedures and documentation that ensure websites are implemented in pursuit of best practices and library standards.
• Manages the system’s website
• Provides website maintenance support to member libraries through one-on-one consultations and group instruction
• Works collaboratively with system staff to support digital projects and develop new online initiatives
• Explores technologies to improve access to library resources, services, and information
• Helps manage online services such as Springshare products and mobile app technology
• Participates in local, state-level and national-level meetings, trainings, and conferences when appropriate. Regularly engages in professional development activities.
• Occasionally travels to member libraries for consultations
• Performs other duties in the IT department as needed
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in web design field
• Experience working with WordPress core, designing, and implementing new features and functionality and establishing and guiding website architecture.
• Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• The ability to communicate complex technical material to users who possess varying levels of technical skills and abilities
• Associates degree in web development or similar study
• Experience with Multisite and/or Site Ground
• Familiarity with public libraries and the services they provide to their communities.
• Experience with graphic design (Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
Annual Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $40,000-$45,000 based on experience plus generous benefits package that includes membership in the NYS Employee Retirement and supplemental insurance options.
The North Country Library System (NCLS) is one of 23 public library systems in New York State. NCLS is a cooperative system, providing support and consultation to 65 public libraries in Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego, and St. Lawrence counties. The NCLS Board of Trustees has nine members: two representatives from each of the four counties and one from the Central or Co-Central Libraries. NCLS is guided and governed by New York State Education Law, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, and its bylaws. NCLS is an AA/EEO Employer. NCLS has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to Todd Battista, IT Manager, at email@example.com. Position will be open until filled, with review of applications to begin June 21, 2021.