General Job Description: Under the direction of the Technical Services Manager, our catalogers help maintain a database of library materials while maintaining the integrity of the ILS. This involves copy cataloging and original cataloging of materials of all types and formats for 65 member libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain bibliographic records according to standardized practices and procedures
• Physical activities, such as sorting and binning books for delivery
• Bar-code materials
• Create tutorial videos
• Assist with running reports
• Assists with phone calls for Technical Services and assists in phone coverage for the building
• On occasion performs other duties within the department
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Keyboard experience
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Function well on a team
Physical Requirements: Extended periods of sitting at a keyboard. Some standing and frequent light lifting (5-20 pounds).
Work Schedule: 25 hours per week
Hourly rate: $14.50
For more information about the position, contact Pam Wills at (315) 782-5540 x226.
NCLS is guided and governed by New York State Education Law, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, and its bylaws. NCLS is an AA/EEO Employer. NCLS has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.