The North Country Library System (NCLS) is located along the Black River in Watertown, NY. Our mission is to support local libraries and the communities they serve to maximize sharing, creativity, and innovation and improve the lives of North Country residents at home, at work, at school and at play. We do that by providing shared resources and services to 65 member libraries across Oswego, Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence Counties. NCLS has an opening for an IT Support Specialist to provide support to our IT department.
The IT Support Specialist:
- Provides physical and remote support for end user hardware and software
- Configures, installs and deploys end user hardware and software
- Diagnoses, repairs and replaces end user hardware and software as needed
- Documents as needed all procedures, settings and inventory
- Helps configure, install, diagnose and maintain LAN,s, WAN’s and network infrastructure equipment
- Assists with training end library staff regarding the use of their end user device(s) and software through one-on-one consultations and group instruction
- Complies with and helps to enforce company standards, policies and procedures
- Works collaboratively with system staff to support digital projects
- Helps manage online services software and mobile app technology
- Occasionally travels to member libraries for consultations
- Performs other duties in the IT department as needed
Required qualifications: Candidate should have strong knowledge of the use, operation and repair of computers, related peripheral equipment and networking equipment; working knowledge of computer applications; ability to follow oral and written instruction; ability to complete work as scheduled in a timely manner; and a willingness to work a non-standard work schedule. In addition to these characteristics, candidates should also have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems, TCP/IP, and Ethernet networks.
- Familiarity with mobile devices (tablets, e-readers, smartphones, etc.)
- The ability to communicate complex technical material to users who possess varying levels of technical skills and abilities
- Associates degree in an Information Technology field
- 2 years work experience in the Information Technology field
- Familiarity with public libraries and the services they provide to their communities.
Annual Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $36,000 – $40,000 based on experience plus generous benefits package that includes membership in the NYS Employee Retirement and supplemental insurance options.
The North Country Library System (NCLS) is one of 23 public library systems in New York State. NCLS is a cooperative system, providing support and consultation to 65 public libraries in Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego, and St. Lawrence counties. The NCLS Board of Trustees has nine members: two representatives from each of the four counties and one from the Central or Co-Central Libraries. NCLS is guided and governed by New York State Education Law, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, and its bylaws. NCLS is an AA/EEO Employer. NCLS has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, employment application (available at https://web.ncls.org/job-opportunities/) and three references to email@example.com. Position will be open until filled, with review of applications to begin December 1, 2021.