In case you missed it last week, here are the handouts and the recording of Stephanie Adam’s (Ask the Lawyer) session on the new Covid guidelines.
I’m also passing along a link to another recording from Bond, Shoeneck & King LLC regarding the new Covid updates. I found this session extremely helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVjtuZh7Yog
While legal professionals in both recordings admit that details are a bit foggy and the guidance can change tomorrow, I believe there was some good takeaways from both sessions. Here are the main points I found helpful:
- Safety plans needs to be a modified to reflect current decision-making from the administration and board
- Any new protocol or safety measures your library adopts must point back to the safety plan
- All other screening mandates are still in place (staff questionnaire, etc.)
- If you are implementing a mandatory vaccination policy for employees, you must provide certain exemptions
- Employee vaccine records are confidential health records and must be treated as such
- There is no legal law or mandate requiring organizations to require proof of vaccination
- There is no legal law or mandate restricting organizations from requiring proof of vaccination
- Just because an organization can legally require proof of vaccination doesn’t necessarily mean it should (there are privacy and ADA implications that could arise – especially when staff are not properly trained in ADA)
Please take the time to view the sessions that were provided, especially the BS&K one that I included. There are other details that they talk about that I think you will find helpful.